Hyde Street, Winchester, SO23
3 bedroom house in Winchester
Guide Price £800,000 Freehold
- Unique and fascinating period property, believed to date back to the late 1800's | Potential annual income of £20,000 | Beautifully fitted open-plan kitchen/dining room | Large bedroom/family room | Small downstairs wet room | Sitting room with high vaulted ceiling | Generous main bedroom with Juliet balcony enjoying far-reaching views over St Giles Hill | Unusual and unexpected size rear garden with useful utility shed | Lower ground floor with its own external access to a double bedroom and en-suite shower room | Permit parking in Zone I
- Unique and fascinating period property, believed to date back to the late 1800's
- Potential annual income of £20,000
- Beautifully fitted open-plan kitchen/dining room
- Large bedroom/family room
- Small downstairs wet room
- Sitting room with high vaulted ceiling
- Generous main bedroom with Juliet balcony enjoying far-reaching views over St Giles Hill
- Unusual and unexpected size rear garden with useful utility shed
- Lower ground floor with its own external access to a double bedroom and en-suite shower room
- Permit parking in Zone I
A unique and fascinating period house believed to date back to late the 1800s. This beautifully refurbished and extended property still retains many of its period features including original fireplaces and exposed brick work. The result is a house of great character and appeal.
The bright entrance hall has floor-to-ceiling windows and stairs rise to the first floor. The beautifully fitted open plan kitchen/dining room at the rear is a great space for socialising with its large bi-fold doors leading out to a decked area of the garden - a lovely space with exposed-brick feature wall, tiled flooring and underfloor heating as well as a range of base and eye level units including beautiful granite worktops. An island provides additional storage and an integrated dishwasher, while other integrated appliances include a double oven and an induction hob. To the front is a large bedroom/family room with a large sash window and original period fireplace and useful storage cupboards. Conveniently positioned between these two rooms are Jack and Jill doors with a small wet room, and storage cupboard including hanging rail for coats. Upstairs on the first floor the sitting room is a great space to sit back and relax; featuring an original period fireplace as well as a large sash window and skylights. This room is incredibly light and achieves a great sense of space with its high vaulted ceiling. Adjacent to this lies the generous main bedroom with fitted wardrobes including drawers and shelving. A Juliet balcony offers far-reaching views towards St Giles hill. The bedroom has an en-suite shower room; another bright, and stylish room with underfloor heating, skylights and twin wash-hand basins with storage underneath.
The most delightful surprises of this wonderful property are reserved for the rear where the garden is an unusual and unexpected size for the area, and the lower ground floor where there is a further double bedroom with en-suite shower room. This area has its own external access and is currently used by its owners for paying guests on a nightly basis and has generated gross income of around £20,000 per annum. It has the flexibility to be kept this way for additional income or can be incorporated back into the original house.
The large, level garden at the rear is also a most welcome feature, and there is side access via a gate. The garden has an area of decking directly outside the property with a useful utility shed and the remainder of the garden is laid to lawn, surrounded by shrub borders. Features include hardwood fencing to the left and a beautiful, ancient flint wall to the right.
Fill in the details below to estimate your monthly repayments:
Approximate monthly repayment:
For more information, please contact Winkworth's mortgage partner, Trinity Financial, on +44 (0)20 7267 9399 and speak to the Trinity team.
Meet the Team
Our team at Winkworth Winchester Estate Agents are here to support and advise our customers when they need it most. We understand that buying, selling, letting or renting can be daunting and often emotionally meaningful. We are there, when it matters, to make the journey as stress-free as possible.See all team members