Clapham life is well suited to the next generation of home buyers looking to settle down with a vibrant and cultured London property market that ticks the boxes.
With an average resident age of 31 and four distinct areas: Clapham North, Clapham Old Town, Clapham South and Clapham Junction, Clapham is a vibrant and cultured London property market that attracts young families and professionals.
Clapham life is well suited to the younger generation looking to settle down. In recent years, a noticeable trend of homeowners selling and buying again in Clapham has increased, and the continuous development of Clapham High Street is a major pull factor for those already living in Clapham and prospective buyers.
Corben Mews, SW8, £665,000 Leasehold
A modern two double bedroom apartment within this secure, gated development within a short walking distance from Larkham Park, St Pauls Church, Clapham High Street, Clapham Leisure Centre and Wandsworth underground station nearby. Perfect for a to and fro work and play around the city.
Clapham is sandwiched between some of the best areas in London, placing its residents at the heart of the action. Directly next door is the trendy Brixton with a burgeoning food and drink scene, and to the north is the waterside area of Battersea. Wandsworth, home to the Wandsworth Arts Fringe is over to the west, and the quaint but cultured hotspot of Balham lies to the south.
Those with young children also find the morning school run convenient with a number of high-performing independent and state schools nearby, and a scattering of travel links to hop on to.
High performing schools:
- Broomwood Hall
- Eaton House
Clapham Road, SW9, £950,000 Leasehold
This impressive 3-bedroom apartment within a gated Grade II listed Regency conversion is within a walking radius of Clapham High Street, Larkhall Park, Clapham underground station, and a spattering of art galleries, with Stockwell underground station a mere stone’s throw away.
Click here for more information
- The popular Pond Gallery features a wide range of artists, sculptors and photographers, with a convenient framing service.
- Unassuming Webbs Fine Art Gallery, housing behind a traditional Victorian façade, provides a beautiful jumble of pieces across its three floors.
- Studio Voltaire is a champion of emerging, contemporary artists, with many exclusive, first-solo exhibitions throughout the year.
Bars, clubs and pubs:
- With a 150-year history in the area, The Alexandra along Clapham Common South Side is a traditional premier watering hole with an eye for the latest sports fixture.
- Travel to the cleverly named SO.UK bar for an evening inside a contemporary souk-style bar along busy Clapham High Street.
- The Metro Garden, also along Clapham Common South Side, is a favourite summer haunt, with modern European food and a well-kept garden for enjoying the sunshine.
- 64th&Social styles itself as ‘a friendly, easy going cocktail bar in the heart of Clapham High Street’ with award-winning cocktails and resident DJ sessions every weekend.
- Trinity restaurant in Clapham Old Town serve elegantly-presented plates of seasonal food that are both eclectic and delicious.
Killyon Road, SW8, £579,950 Leasehold
This striking Victorian two-bedroom apartment within easy reach of Clapham Old Town is spacious and finished to a brilliant standard. Located on the first floor, the apartment features brilliant bay windows and a modern, open-plan reception.
Click here for more information
Clapham’s past and present list of famous alumni reflects its creative scene and desirable location: Vivienne Westwood, JK Rowling, Vanessa Redgrave, author Graham Greene and philosopher, F. H. Bradley.
Contact us for more information
Many property areas in Clapham have reached approximately £850 per sq. ft. with plenty of growth potential which is drawing buyers. Clapham’s affectionate nickname ‘Cla’am’ is in honour of its sought after status, with popular Georgian and Victorian mansions along Clapham Common overlooking the park can fetch up to 10% more than similar homes nearby.
To discuss your future in Clapham, talk to us on +44 (0) 20 7498 8600. Alternatively, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.