Winkworth Franchising Limited ("WFL") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. WFL is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 Number: Z6407041
All of the Winkworth offices are independently owned and operated by franchisees under licence from WFL as the franchisor ("Franchisee(s)"). For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is dependent on the given activity and use of the information obtained and will either be the given Franchisee, WFL (of 4th Floor, 1 Lumley Street, London, W1K 6TT) or a subsidiary of WFL. Within this policy, references to "Winkworth" shall be deemed to mean the Franchisees (whether separately or altogether), WFL and its subsidiaries, as well as any holding company of WFL and its subsidiaries.
This policy (together with our terms and conditons of use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data that Winkworth collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated.
By providing information direct to Winkworth and/or visiting www.winkworth.co.uk (and all pages linked within its sitemap) (the WFL site) and/or social media platforms that WFL create, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information We May Collect From You
In order to provide to you the best possible service, Winkworth sometimes need to collect information (including sensitive personal information) about you. We may collect and process the following data:
Information you give us. You may give Winkworth information about you by filling in registration forms, whether at a Franchisee office or on the WFL Site, or by corresponding with Winkworth by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the WFL Site, subscribe to and/or access "MyWinkworth", participate in discussion boards, blogs, or other social media functions on the WFL Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem with the WFL Site. The information you give Winkworth may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, disabilities and details about your personal health, financial and credit card information, personal description and/or photographs.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the WFL Site, WFL may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and your operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the WFL Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. Winkworth may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites WFL operate or are involved with or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, your financial advisors, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
(altogether the "Information")
Uses Made of the Information
Winkworth use Information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. Winkworth will use this Information;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Winkworth, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (including but not limited to undertaking surveys, property appraisals, property advertising and/or management etc.);
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Winkworth offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services Winkworth feel may interest you. We will, and in circumstances where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they will, contact you by phone, post and/or electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only where you give or have given consent to do so, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you, lettings and/or any other service that the Winkworth network may offer. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for Winkworth's marketing purposes, please leave the relevant tick box, situated on the form from which we collect your data, blank, or inform the representative on the phone that you do not want us to use your data in this way. Alternatively, you can notify us at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish us to cease using your data in this way;
- to notify you about changes to Winkworth services and the current property market;
- to ensure that content from the WFL Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- in the event that you raise an enquiry, complaint, suggestion or provide praise in relation to a franchised office, your Information may be forwarded to the given Franchisee to record or investigate the incident, to provide a response and for general record keeping purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Information;
- to administer the WFL Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the WFL Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Winkworth service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the WFL Site safe and secure. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on, or to, the WFL Sites, we may use your Information to stop such behaviour;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising sent to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to measure and assess the performance of Winkworth offices in relation to the provision of services to you and other customers; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the WFL Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with Information you give to us and Information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we propose to use your Information for any other purposes we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use of your Information for additional purposes which are not listed above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Information with any members of the Winkworth group, which, as above, means any Franchisee within the Winkworth network (including the passing of information from any Franchisee to WFL), any of WFL subsidiaries, and/or WFL's ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Unless listed below we will not disclose your Information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent. We may share your Information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the WFL Site.
We may disclose your personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets subject to being in receipt of suitable confidentiality undertakings from the prospective seller or buyer.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information and personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WFL, each Franchisee, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the WFL Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the WFL Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by leaving certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data blank or by informing the Winkworth representative on the phone that you do not wish your data to be used in this way. You can also exercise the right to stop us from using your data in this manner at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The WFL Site may, from time to time, contain links to third parties and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites are not owned or controlled by WFL and have their own privacy policies and that WFL do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Data Protection Office
Winkworth Franchising Limited
1 Lumley Street,