Bridge Street, Long Melford, Sudbury, CO10
6 bedroom house in Long Melford
Guide Price £1,500,000 Freehold
- Oak-framed detached farmhouse (Grade II* Listed) | Impressive period features and high ceilings | 6 Bedrooms plus 3 x 2 Bedroom Holiday Lets | 5 Bath/Shower rooms | 3 Reception rooms | Large mature garden (up to 3 acres, sts) | Derelict outbuildings/garages | Additional land and stabling by separate negotiation
- Oak-framed detached farmhouse (Grade II* Listed)
- Impressive period features and high ceilings
- 6 Bedrooms plus 3 x 2 Bedroom Holiday Lets
- 5 Bath/Shower rooms
- 3 Reception rooms
- Large mature garden (up to 3 acres, sts)
- Derelict outbuildings/garages
- Additional land and stabling by separate negotiation
A substantial timber-framed and lime-plastered farmhouse with cross wings at the north and south ends.
Originally a medieval hall house, the property had a floor inserted in the C16-17 and was extended to the north in the C17. At the rear a long 2-storeyed service wing of the same date extends to the west.
Recent works have improved the whole to a high standard but leaving the purchaser to decorate and fit out bathrooms and kitchens.
Lot 1: House and extensive gardens extending to about 1.5 acres (sts)
Lot 2: Further 1.5 acres (sts)
Possibility of purchasing additional land and leasing stables.
Long Melford (under 2 miles) is a vibrant, much-loved Suffolk Wool Town with an excellent range of amenities including GP practice, pharmacy, independent butcher, grocery stores, antique markets, independent shops, library, pubs, restaurants and monthly farmers market. The nearby market towns of Sudbury and the cathedral town of Bury St Edmunds are easily accessible and offer a more comprehensive range of facilities, the former with a rail link to London Liverpool Street.
The surrounding Stour Valley countryside is absolutely delightful - gently sloping, quintessential rural Suffolk. Country walks and numerous country pursuits are quite literally on your doorstep. The whole area has been immortalised by the paintings of Constable and Gainsborough.
Mains water, electricity. Private drainage. Note: None of the services have been tested by the agent.
Babergh District Council.
Strictly by appointment only through Winkworth Long Melford.
Fill in the details below to estimate your monthly repayments:
Approximate monthly repayment:
For more information, please contact Winkworth's mortgage partner, Trinity Financial, on +44 (0)20 7267 9399 and speak to the Trinity team.
Meet the Team
Please submit the form to contact us.See all team members